Gemini eLearning Management System - GeMS LMS
GeMS (Gemini eLearning Management System) is a robust web-based LMS that works with the SWIFT Learning Environment to offer our clients an inexpensive, state-of-the-art eLearning solution that can be up and running in hours. But don’t take our word for it, try it for yourself. Sign up for the Using GeMS course and learn everything you need to know.
Key Features for GeMS Administrator
- Web-based application for remote administrator access.
- Infinite scalability ideal for small and large organizations alike.
- Extensive learner statistical data for tracking and analysis.
- Wide ranges of reports are available or we can create custom reports.
- In addition to tracking SWIFT online courses, any supplemental training can be easily added and tracked.
- Create job profiles that can be linked to training and competencies.
- Infinite hierarchical levels can be created to mirror corporate structure.
- Administrator access can be set up for managers at any level within the hierarchy.
- Certificate programs can be set up and tracked.
GeMS Behind the Scenes
- We developed our own proprietary HTTP listener to offer a more secure solution.
- Eliminates security issues and attacks commonly associated with other HTTP servers i.e. Microsoft IIS and Apache servers.
- Integrated with MS SQL Server and MS Access databases.
- Integrated with NT Domain and LDAP password authentication.
- Importation of learner and grouping data via external files.
- Self-Registration functionality.
The SWIFT Learning Environment
The SWIFT (SoftWare Intelligent Freeform Training) Learning Environment can be customized to include any of the modules. SWIFT is the students' personalized guide to all their training requirements. Automated emails can be set up to send to students and/or administrators to notify them of upcoming or overdue tasks.
Courses - Every SWIFT course is developed working closely with industry Subject Matter Experts and offer standard features including interactive exercises, tracking, and adaptivity. Courses adapt content based on learning objectives and adaptive testing to assess learner knowledge prior to beginning a course. Research has proven that adaptive testing not only, shortens training time, it also increases learner retention. All SWIFT courses also allow learners to navigate to any topic of interest for review or refresher training. Other features such as audio, video, corporate pictures, links to manuals, other languages- pretty much anything you can think of that might better meet your corporate training needs can be delivered in a SWIFT Course.
Tests - SWIFT tests are useful tools for assessing knowledge, re-certification, or even hiring purposes. They are designed to validate competency, shorten training time, and increase your return on investment. There are three SWIFT test categories offered to address your organizations corporate needs - standard, fixed-length, and Adaptive Tests.
Classroom Training - Learners can access a calendar of classroom training and self register, the GeMS administrator can enroll them or the process can be automated through a batch enrollment.
Supplemental Resources - Everything from webinars to books can be listed and accessed (if available online) within supplemental resources.
To-dos - A snapshot of to-dos is presented to the learner upon logging into SWIFT including SWIFT courses/tests, classroom training, and other required to-dos that must be completed within a defined timeline.
Job Profiles - Learners can access a complete list of positions available within your company and click to view each job profile and/or competency.
Report Card - Learners can view all their training certificates and credentials.
SWIFT (SoftWare Intelligent Freeform Training) Author is an XML-based WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) environment that makes it easy to create SWIFT courses and/or SWIFT adaptive and fixed-length tests.
SWIFT courses and tests can be created using SWIFT Author by anyone that has basic PC skills (e.g., file management and WYSIWYG editing). For more engaging and sophisticated content, knowledge of HTML and general web development, i.e., formatting text, creating lists, hyperlinks, inserting images, and awareness of web-delivery issues such as file and screen size are recommended.
- XML/DHTML/HTML content.
- Embedded, pedagogically sound course structure that supports solid instructional design.
- Search content, and titles easily.
- Cut/copy/paste to and from system clipboard.
- Create and publish tests external to a SWIFT eLearning course by repurposing course content.
- Specify fixed length test question randomization, question pools, and individual question option randomization.
- Import existing content or create it from scratch using SWIFT Author or favourite applications.
- Collaborative development is easier, more efficient, and consistent.
- Seven question types with cognitive feedback
- Internationalization capabilities.