A Guide to Crypto Custody
- The difference between online/offline or hot/cold custody solutions
- What makes a custody solution institutional grade
- Questions you should ask when evaluating custody solutions
- How custody is evolving See Inside
What you’ll learn
The State of Crypto Custody
Our webinar on the state of crypto custody touched on the different custody solutions on the market, the information you need to navigate those solutions, and the current and future state of custodying digital assets.
Did you know that there are 150 active crypto hedge funds collectively managing US$1BN assets under management (AuM), and 52 percent of those funds use an independent custodian?
The rise of crypto as an asset class is bringing increased attention to the importance of security and trust in the storage and management of digital assets.
It takes a different set of processes and assumptions to design custody solutions for an entirely new type of asset. The domain expertise it takes to build such solutions, and design the institutional controls and assurances that govern them, is not inherent to the traditional financial services industry.
Crypto-native companies like Gemini have been solving crypto-native challenges since inception. In custody, the stakes for creating institutional-grade solutions are high. The maturation of crypto as an asset class depends on the long-term safety of both personal and institutional funds.
Our learnings gained over releasing multiple versions of our custody solution since 2015 are encapsulated in our white paper. Our aim is to help educate retail investors, professional crypto traders, and financial institutions on what a world-class custody infrastructure looks like. With that understanding, they can decide for themselves what kind of industry solution meets their unique needs and standards.Listen to the recording and hear from our team along with industry experts who discussed everything from the basics of custody to the complex layers of security needed to safeguard digital assets. You’ll learn:
- The different tiers of crypto custody available
- Questions you should ask based on your individual or organizational needs
- Legal, regulatory, and security considerations
- Industry perspectives on the available solutions in the market
- How today’s solutions will scale and the future state of custody